Monday, September 25, 2017

2017 Daily Painting Day 64

This morning, I tried to apply Ann Abgott's approach to color to a painting of my own using a reference photo I took at the botanical center.  Punching the colors to this extend does give a bit of a commercial art, graphic quality to it.  This was done quickly and messily - I have ordered some higher quality paper and may revisit this composition in a more studied and careful manor in the future.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

2017 Daily Painting Day 63

Today my friend Dianne and I repainted the photo that was used in day 1, to see if I could tell Dianne the steps of the approach we used.  We also worked on making a green card using our blues and greens.  I did repaint the Botanical Center painting to see if I could rework it more successfully.  Once again it got away from me.  I need to go back to better planning - especially in watercolor!  I went bolder in the darks, but not sure I improved it.

Friday, September 22, 2017

2017 Daily painting Day 62

Tried watercolor at the Social Irrigation event last night.  What was I thinking?!  Obviously did not plan sufficiently and it got away from me quickly,  I have a vision in my head, so if I get my "chores" done for today, I am going to try to repaint as I desired and will post it if I fond a way to get what I want on paper.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

2017 Daily Painting Day 61

Day 3 of the workshop.  Today we turned transparent paint into opaque.  Not my favorite look.  Very fun to go so colorful.  My bikes got a little out of hand....

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

2017 Daily Painting Day 60

Day 2 workshop assignment.  Using an enhancement photograph of the instructor we glazed, then overlaid shadow shapes in clothes and figures.


Monday, September 18, 2017

2017 Daily Painting Day 59

First project from my 3 day watercolor workshop.

2017 Daily Painting Day 58

 

First project in Class at Drake.  We had to draw a still life - after 5 minutes we had to move to right and rotate the piece counterclockwise and redraw the view the previous person drew.  We did that 5 times then had to return to our origin piece and try to make it work.

It was challenging.