Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 6 - Peppers on Towel


OK, today I tried my first Daily Painting in oil.  It may be my last.  For those of you who have used oil based paints to prime or paint buildings, you can relate to my frustration.  It does not dry quickly.  So you can reach a point of no return, where you have to leave it and come back days later for corrections and detail.

That's what makes these art events called "paint outs" so amazing.  The artists go to different spots in the area and do a painting in oil onsite in a few hours.  If you want to see what I mean about amazing, you can check out the blog I follow of John Preston called Learning to See.  He has won several of these events and is posting work he from an event going on now.  So check it out.  If you like his work, I think he is still at the Olsen-Larsen in West Des Moines.
Peppers on Towel, oil