Sunday, August 21, 2016

2016 Daily Painting Day 30



Every instructor has emphasized the benefit of doing a value sketch and a thumbnail before committing to a composition.  I have included the modifications to yesterday's painting, not because it is an improvement, quite the contrary, but because it illustrates the frustration you experience without doing this planning in advance!  So tomorrow when I go out with the local Plein Air group, I'm going to try to take the time and do this!  Saves redrawing things twice and still having a very bad composition.....sigh.  

Also, they have recommended using a viewfinder as well and I have been using an empty slide haphazardly to do this.  So today I sprung for an upgrade on Amazon.  Now I need some discipline to use it!

Lily Lake (Modified)
  I also made some unsuccessful modifications to this watercolor from last week on the bike trail when I had a meltdown and left early for much the same reason!  Lack of planning!  I can be pretty dense!


Bike Trail Bridge